Karl Emil Doepler
Warsaw or Schnepfental 1824 – Berlin 1905
After his training i. a. at Piloty’s in Munich in 1849 Doepler went to New York, from where he returned to Piloty in 1855. “1860-70 costume designer at the theater at Weimar and teacher for costume knowledge at the school of arts there. Since 1870 professorship in Berlin. – Decorative murals for private houses and paintings with historical, mythological scenes, genre paintings, however, foremost costume drawings. 1876 he sketched 500 drawings to Wagner’s Ring of the Nibelung, anxious for historical exactness, what ran counter to Wagner’s intentions, and
participated in the staging of the first Bayreuth Festival ”
(Allgemeines Künstler-Lexikon XXVIII, 2001, 238).
- Abbé from the Last Third of the XVIIIth Century
- Bagpiper from Calabria (Naples)
- Girl from Alvito (Naples)
- Hungarian Tycoon & Hungarian Noblewoman
- Lady about 1791
- Noblewoman from the Age of Frederick Barbarossa; 1152-1190
- Ruthenian Peasant + Female Peasant from Marmiros (Hungary)
- Young French Nobleman. Middle of the XVth Century
“ map arrived today in very safety conditions. Thanks for the extremely secure and accurate package! Map is very nice and in good condition: I like very much. It has been a pleasure to deal with you. Until to the next time!
P.S.: You can post this very positive comment on your website. ”
(Sign. P. P., 26. November 2011)