St. Goar – Wellmich – Lasinsky, Johann Adolf (Simmern 1808 – Dusseldorf 1871). St. Goar et Rheinfels. St. Goar and Rheinfels. Partial view of the houses at the embankment seen downstream from the Rhine bank. There boats, people and three barrels. In the centre the ruins of Rheinfels Castle, on the right in the distance Wellmich with Ruin Thurnberg (Mouse). Toned pen and ink lithograph. Inscribed: (Recorded from nature and lithographed by J. A. Lasinsky 1828. / Frankfort a/M. C. Jügel.), caption as above in German-French parallel text. 9 × 11½ in (22.7 × 29.1 cm).
In its nervous line conduct ahead of its time ,
unmistakably, and instantaneously lithographed after own sketch, and thus “standing out highly advantageously from the leaves of much smaller size engraved after him by other artists … Lasinsky’s ‘sensibility, keenest power of observation, realistic study of nature, and talent for large wide landscapes’ have been praised” (Schulte 1969).
Offer no. 12,128 / EUR 302. / export price EUR 287. (c. US$ 347.) + shipping
„ vielen herzlichen Dank für die Faxübermittlung Ihres Schriftverkehrs mit … Hochinteressant und das Thema (des jagdlichen) ‚Wurstwagen‘ wunderbar anschaulich darstellend! Nochmals vielen Dank! “
(Museum S. B., 23. Februar 2004)