engraver and publisher; 1684 Augsburg 1756
“ Among E.’s employees are renown engravers as Bernhard Christoph Anckermann, Karl Remshard, Johann Georg Ringlin, Johann Gottfried Seutter, Thomas Scheffler, and Friedrich Bernard Werner. Augsburg’s leading position in the trade with copperplate prints is due also to E.’s activities as major publisher. E. is considered one of the most active and prolific publishers in the German-speaking world ”
(Erik Ernst Venhorst in AKL XXXIV , p. 24).
- Johann Elias Ridinger, The Badger captured with the Turnpike
- Johann Elias Ridinger, How the Deer are stalked in a Deer Park
- Johann Elias Ridinger, How the Foxes are baited, captured and stalked
- Johann Elias Ridinger, The Stag caught in the Turn-iron
- Jacques Rigaud, Galleys
- Jacques Rigaud, Galley Construction
“ Subject: Thanks!
Thanks for your kind reply. I wanted to comment that your thoughts on freedom (the quote that you had on the end of your message to me) are exactly the same as my beliefs.
I write, however, because I was surprised to get it from Europe … Although an American, almost all my early family were Huguenots … In fact, my relative, Jan C. is noted as the earliest C. to have arrived in N. America (in 1636, I think) … ”
(Mrs. C. F., November 14, 2003)