« Laws without morals are useless. »
University of Pennsylvania
Statutes & Proclamations
Arranged Everyday Life
in Decrees · Edicts · Circulars
from 5 Centuries
- Poster by Frederick VI, King of Denmark, Duke of Schleswig, Holstein etc., lifting completely the use of the royal sea-letters (April 8, 1825)
- Poster by Frederick VI, King of Denmark, Duke of Schleswig, Holstein etc., limiting the transportion with the Süderstapel ferry exclusively to duty-paid foreign goods and domestic products resp. (May 25, 1826)
- The most shining side of customs :
Poster by Frederick VI, King of Denmark, Duke of Schleswig, Holstein etc., regarding several special tariffs because of suffered average or winter quarters (Dec. 22, 1830)
- Poster by the (Royal Danish) General Customs Chamber and Commercial Council for the Duchies Schleswig and Holstein in regard of a penal provision because of illegal transport of goods across the Stör (Sep. 24, 1825)
- Proclamation by Charles I, Duke of Brunswick-Luneburg, subjecting the horses’ glanders to the duty of notification (1771)
- Proclamation by the Royal Holstein=Lauenburg Supreme Court at Glückstadt in regard of the establishment of a consulate-general for Elbe affairs (April 28, 1823)
- The Military Boots Litigation in Hamburg :
Promemoria of the leather manufacture C. W. Müller & Co. in Hamburg
- Public Notice in regard of conscripts retreating from German herditary countries to Hungary (1789)
- Public Notice because of correction of debt and pension system (1818)
- Public Notice urging local courts to the inquiry in an inheritance case (1797)
“ Yes please. I take that (further) copy.
I have now fetched the (last) parcel at the post office and I was very pleased. First of all: thank you for making so good parcel. I hate when I receive damaged copies because of bad envelopes. So once again: thank you very much for handling the items with such care! For me that is another word for seriousness and professionalism.
It was also a good copy and I liked it very much.
Please let me know if there is more items coming up ”
(Mrs. G. H., June 19, 2006)