Deutsch

Johann Adolf Lasinsky, Mumm's House on Johannisberg

Mumm – Johannisberg – Lasinsky, Johann Adolf (Simmern 1808 – Dusseldorf 1871). Maison de Mr Mumm sur le Johannisberg. Mr. Mumm’s House on Mount Johannisberg. On the right Mumm’s House, on the left the palace, before vineyards with figures. Toned pen and ink lithograph. Inscribed: (Recorded from nature and lithographed by J. A. Lasinsky 1828. / Frankfort a/M. C. Jügel.), caption as above in German-French parallel text. 9 × 11⅝ in (22.8 × 29.4 cm).

In its nervous line conduct ahead of its time ,

unmistakably, and instantaneously lithographed after own sketch, and thus “standing out highly advantageously from the leaves of much smaller size engraved after him by other artists … Lasinsky’s ‘sensibility, keenest power of observation, realistic study of nature, and talent for large wide landscapes’ have been praised” (Schulte 1969). – Mumm’s house a very rarely depicted locality.

Offer no. 12,129 | EUR 322. | export price EUR 306. (c. US$ 355.) + shipping

also see View of Johannisberg/Winkel


„ vielen Dank für die prompte Lieferung! … Nach diesem Kupferstich (Hogarth, Sleeping Congregation) habe ich übrigens ziemlich lang gesucht – offenbar immer an der falschen Stelle – und bin jetzt außerordenlich froh, ein so unversehrtes Exemplar zu besitzen … Herzlichen Dank noch mal und freundliche Grüße “

(Herr C. K., 28. Juni 2012)